Wednesday, September 9, 2009

BLOG #2 3344.351


Hello PEEPS!!
OKk so today it was a really fun day in class. I felt like I was back in elementary lol
especially when Mrs. Harris read us the book, "If you Give a Pig a Pancake". :)
Well we had to get into our home groups to do an activity like the circular sequencing we did today. It was pretty fun because we got to blow bubbles even if ours was broken lol it didnt want to blow not even one bubble. We also got to eat pancakes..yummmy yummy.
Anywho a circular story is when you start off with an object and end up with the same object. For an example today: We had to do a circular sequence for the book, "If you Give a Pig a Pancake", we had to list the events in order starting off with pancakes, syrup, bath, bubbles, rubber duck , farm and back to pancakes. I believe we can use circular story in many ways, such as the circular story wheel we did today, I think we can make puppets and show what comes first and next and so on, having create their own circular story, working in groups and calling it out like we did today too.
Reading can be fun and sometimes a little boring. But we as (teachers) we have to make it fun for the students in order to engaged them to participate and get into it and know whats really going on in the story. Having activities is one way to engage them and have fun with the story, making puppets for the characters in the book, reading in groups and have snacks that has to do with the story. For an example, last semester I had to read about donuts and how to make them and what I did was I took donuts to them so we can have a little snack while reading the book and I also had picture donuts to cut off and colored them. :) There is so many ways and more to learn from others and be able to use them too.

2 comments:

  1. Veronica- Wednesday's class was fun wasn't it? I liked how Dr. Harris used the bubbles in order to get us to predict what we thought they were for. The afterwards, she provided the class with mini pancakes and syrup! She definitely used the 6 parts of Lanuage Arts in her teaching! Listening, talking, reading, writing, viewing, and visualizing. It's great when a lesson can be broken up into parts that provide a variety and the children grasp it as well as enjoy it and we as teachers get credit for making learning fun!!!!!
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wednesday's class did remind me of elem. school too! It was fun, the activties we did had my attention and it made me want to learn. It was kind of sad that are bubbles did work but the pancakes made up for that. I liked your idea of having reading groups with snacks. I think as long as the snack went with the reading, it would be a great idea. But I'm sure it would work, even if i didn't. Kids love snacks!!

    ReplyDelete