Wednesday, October 7, 2009

3321 M&W POETRY

In chapter 5 I learned about poetry. I am the type of person who is not really interested in poetry because I find it kind of confusing and complicated. Sometimes it’s hard for me to understand poetry and the language they use. In this case I learned about the different types of elements, collections, children’s poetry preferences and etc.

Here are some of the Elements of poetry:

The use of SOUND makes you hear the voice of the poetry and the musical to the ear.

The use of RHYME is combining some words that may sound alike and it rhymes at the same time.

The use of RHYTHM, the words and lines are organized and repetition is also used in order to create the rhythm.

The use of SHAPE is the form in which the poem is written for an example in a triangle, horizontal, parallel style, and etc.

As referred in the book, I believe each student or child has its own way of choosing their type of poetry or poems that they might find it easier to understand. Easy poems and short ones are the ones that are easier to understand. When I was a younger student I used to like poetry that rhymed because I had fun reading them and made it sound like they were the same word but it only rhyme by the last letters of the word.
Poetry expresses your feelings, emotions, and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment