Wednesday, October 14, 2009

EDRG 3321 BLOG Chp 7

So today in class was pretty interesting learning about “Picture Books”.

We all know how picture books are to show us an idea or image of what the book will be about. I believe picture books are one of the best books to read because they are very helpful to the students to understand the text and by looking at the pictures. When I was little I loved picture books because they were so easy to understand and predict what would happen next. They were not just easy but fun to read; we also used them as plays.

In the other side I liked how Mrs. Pickett showed us the video of Mrs. Dismond Think Aloud Demonstration in the website www.schooltube.com . It was funny, but I learned how were not supposed to read in that kind of way because she seemed like the way she was reading to them didn’t really engaged the students. One of the students in class looked kind of bored and kept moving a lot, we really don’t want our students to be like that. If I was her I would have sat down in the floor with the students and formed a circle and read to them while showing them the pictures of the book.

Here are some of the examples of picture books:

No comments:

Post a Comment